Nurture Centre offers a range of pregnancy yoga sessions for you to attend, meet other mothers and spend some much needed time on yourself.
Guided by our experienced yoga teachers, Laura and Linda, you will be offered precious space to relax, unwind, bond with your growing baby and prepare your body and mind for birth and beyond.
Yoga is one of the most healthy and supportive practices you can adopt during pregnancy. From the 2nd trimester onwards, yoga can support you to embrace the changes that happen on a physical, emotional and mental level. Classes will focus on:
- strengthening the muscles required to support your bump as baby grows
- how to relieve pregnancy related conditions such as back pain, anxiety, nausea, shortness of breath, SPD and PGP
- breathing techniques to increase the oxygen available to you and baby and calm the mind during pregnancy
- breathing techniques for birth
- strengthening and releasing the pelvic floor muscles in preparation for labour
- mindfulness & relaxation
- bonding with your growing baby
Each 75 min class includes time for a cuppa and a chat with other mums to be. Many women come to yoga for the first time during pregnancy and find a practice to support and nourish them for a lifetime.